Markets are the cornerstone of the economy, and their efficient operation builds wealth. Our advice helps clients navigate them, regulators oversee them, and policy makers design them to deliver on this objective.
Our market design work
Market design is complex and must take into account many factors:
- what are the products and services?
- who are the customers?
- what is the role of regulators and government?
- who can take part?
- how competitive will it be?
- will it drive efficient investment?
- what is the impact on related markets?
Potential market designs are nearly limitless and when designing effective and competitive markets, policymakers and regulators must understand the necessary incentives and market structures and mechanisms that will deliver them.